Sunday

The Greatest of All

When I was a child young and free
I was overwhelmed with excitement
Of presents, stockings and Christmas feasts.
My only thoughts were completely of Santa Claus,
Sparkling lights and Christmas trees.
I listened to stories, of the first Christmas
And magical tales of elves and fairies;
Of heavenly angels who would come at night
To visit me in my fairytale dreams…
One night a fairy appeared with an angelic voice,
“It’s the time to remember the birth of Jesus, the Son of God.”
And as the soft sound of her wings disappeared
My dreams became reality.
I chose to believe and prayed not for gifts
But the greatest of all: Love.

6 Comments:

At 24.12.06, Blogger Lori said...

How wonderful! Thank you for sharing this with us. I love your posts.

 
At 24.12.06, Blogger Carol said...

Thankyou Lori for your visits....Happy Christmas to you..

 
At 25.12.06, Blogger trinitystar said...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS CAROL FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
MUST PLACE YOU IN MY BLOG ... PLEASED I HAVE FOUND YOU AGAIN.

 
At 27.12.06, Blogger Bob said...

Wise choice!
:)

 
At 27.12.06, Blogger donna said...

Lovely...Merry Christmas to you !!

 
At 1.3.07, Blogger Steve said...

Very Sweet. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home