Tuesday

Angels In Disguise

I asked a child why he felt so sad,
His words took me by surprise...
He said he needed to kiss an angel,
To dry away his tears~
And a hug to feel loved.
He said he was lost,
And dreamt an angel could help him find his way.

I tried my best to cheer him up, to make him laugh.
As I spoke to him a stillness came over the earth,
A bright light whispered as it shone:
“We need angels in disguise”...
His tears were wiped away;
He was hugged and he was loved.
And most of all, he is saved.

We need angels in disguise;
Gentle hearts who still believe…
Believe in the miracle of faith,
Believe in dreams...
To live each day speaking
And spreading the Word.

5 Comments:

At 15.11.06, Blogger Francine Biere said...

Carol, your words really touched my soul, this morning. I've taken a job at our christian Academy where I'm an aide in mostly preschool and kindergarten classes. I spend a lot of time on the playground and try to pray for each child. But I also know that they often need a tender touch as you describe here. Thank you for reminding me. Our faith must go beyond are prayers.

 
At 16.11.06, Blogger jel said...

AWESOme, that gave me chills!



Blessings

 
At 17.11.06, Blogger Carol said...

Thankyou Francine and Jel...
This is a Kind of a special little moment I shared with my little grandson...a sad long story...And It was a tear jerker as I wrote it...

Kids just make our lives rewarding, Francine I hope you continue to enjoy working with them..this sounds like a great job..

 
At 23.11.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOUR LOVE FOR THAT LITTLE BOY WILL NOT BE FORGOTEN BY HIM, WHEN HE GROWS THERE WILL STILL BE AN IMAGE AND A WHISPER IN HIS MIND OF THAT WONDERFUL LADY HE KNEW AS HIS FRIEND AND GRANDMA.
LYN

 
At 23.11.06, Blogger Carol said...

Lyn ,
you always know what to say...thanks and I know you know what I am going through.. I pray you are right..and I think he will remember both you and Josh too, you have been a big part of his life ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home